ESPN’s Adam Schefter has a trio of re-signings (via Twitter): running back Matt Asiata (Vikings), wide receiver Jeremy Ross (Lions) and linebacker Craig Robertson (Browns). Each player signed an exclusive rights free agent tender to stay with their respect teams. The trio was solid in 2013; Asiata ran for 166 yards on 44 carries, Ross had six receptions and six kick returns and Robertson compiled 85 tackles.
Let’s take a look at some more free agent rumors…
- Quarterback Josh Freeman visited the Bears today, tweets Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com. Freeman finished the season with the Vikings after playing four-plus years with the Buccaneers. The Bears also worked out quarterback Adam Weber (via La Confora’s Twitter) and tight end Matthew Mulligan (via Chicago Tribune’s Brad Biggs on Twitter).
- There are still eight Jets free agents left on the open market, and Rich Cimini of ESPN.com takes a look at all of their statuses. Cimini mentions that Rex Ryan hasn’t “shut the door” on bringing back Ed Reed, but that a return doesn’t seem likely. Among possible returns, Cimini looks at Josh Mauga and Lex Hilliard.
- Owen Daniels visited with the Patriots before deciding to sign with the Ravens, tweets ESPN.com’s Tania Ganguli. The tight end also visited the Packers and Redskins.
- The Titans have officially cut Chris Johnson, as well as defensive end Adewale Ojomo, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.
- The Redskins released linebacker Josh Hull, tweets Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. In 2013, Hull had 14 tackles in 11 games.