Let’s round up a few Wednesday updates from around the AFC East, where every team except the 1-3 Jets is tied for first place at 2-2….
- In addition to working out fullback John Conner, who signed with the club, the Jets auditioned center Thomas Austin, tackle Michael Bamiro, and center Lemuel Jeanpierre this week, according to Adam Caplan of ESPN.com (via Twitter). Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun adds (via Twitter) that the club also tried out linebacker Chris Young.
- The Dolphins worked out several players as well this week, according to Wilson, who tweets that linebackers Kaelin Burnett, Uani Unga, and Paul Hazel, along with defensive end Steven Means, were among the participants.
- While Tom Brady‘s subpar September is hardly a reason for the Patriots to panic, Jason Fitzgerald of Over The Cap (writing for The Sporting News) outlines possible strategies for the club if Brady’s struggles continue. The former MVP’s contract ensures that his salaries for 2015, 2016, and 2017 will become fully guaranteed if he’s still on New England’s roster at the end of the 2014 season.
- As Albert Breer of the NFL Network notes (via Twitter), Brady provided an interesting answer today when asked whether he felt the Patriots have the offensive weapons he needs to win: “We’ll see. We’ll see here in a couple months.”
- Tight end Brandon Barden tried out this week for the Bills, tweets Wilson.