It’s Saturday, and that means ESPN’s NFL writers are opening up their mailbags and answering questions. Let’s check out some of the notable whispers from the NFC…
- Mike Triplett believes Marques Colston will need to take a pay cut if he hopes to play for the Saints next year. The wideout is set to make $7MM in 2015, but he could follow the path of former Saints who took less money to stick with the organization.
- Michael C. Wright says the Bears should lockup Matt Forte to a longterm deal this offseason. However, the team may run into issues when they try to rework the contract of some other players, notably Alshon Jeffery.
- Theres a pretty good chance the Panthers will focus on the offensive line and secondary in the draft, writes David Newton. Of course, it all depends on the team’s draft position, as well as their free agent signings.
- Michael Rothstein doesn’t think it’s reasonable for the Lions to move on from Matthew Stafford as a way to retain Ndamukong Suh or Nick Fairley.
- Ben Goessling opines that Adrian Peterson will not be playing for the Vikings next season. The writer believes that some in the organization share that sentiment.