We took a look at ESPN.com’s NFC mailbags earlier this morning. Let’s now switch our focus over to the AFC…
- When asked about the opportunity for the Jets to add a veteran quarterback, Rich Cimini said he’d eagerly swap the sixth pick for Chargers‘ star Philip Rivers.
- Meanwhile, Cimini believes there’s a good chance the Jets will select a running back in the draft. With Bilal Powell, Chris Ivory and Daryl Richardson under contract, the writer says the team could use a versatile, pass-catching back.
- Jamison Hensley predicts the Ravens will either select a wide receiver, tight end, cornerback or pass rusher with their first-round pick.
- Hensley says the Ravens could look to bring in a veteran tight end. When asked about former Seahawks weapon Zach Miller, the writer says the organization should be wary of the injury risk. For an “under-the-radar” pick, Hensley points to Cardinals tight end Rob Housler.
- Quarterback Jason Campbell and running back Cedric Peerman are “the most likely” of the Bengals free agents to return, according to Coley Harvey.
- If the Jaguars don’t select a pass rusher with their first-round pick, Michael DiRocco could envision the team selecting a wide receiver. Looking towards veteran help at the position, DiRocco suggests Greg Jennings as an option.