The Rams have touched base with the reps for free agent center Stefen Wisniewski, Jim Thomas of the Post-Dispatch tweets. Wisniewski could be a replacement for Scott Wells, who was released on Monday night.
Let’s check out more rumors from the West divisions:
- The Chargers are still in communication with running back Ryan Mathews, according to Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune (Twitter link), but nothing is close to happening at the moment.
- As does seemingly half the league, the Raiders have interest in free agent safety Ron Parker, per Bill Williamson of ESPN.com (Twitter link).
- Despite reports that the Raiders are nearing an agreement with Terrance Knighton, Williamson tweets that the situation is still “fluid.”
- Also from Williamson (Twitter link), Malcolm Smith is expected to have a “fast market,” and the Raiders could be in on him.
- 49ers fullback Bruce Miller was last week on a spousal abuse charge, reports Jenna Laine of FOX Sports (via Twitter). Miller, who signed an extension last March, could be in line for a suspension via the league’s domestic violence policy.