Could the Falcons be considering a local standout with their first-round pick? D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that pass rusher Leonard Floyd, who was born in Atlanta and played his college ball at Georgia, is paying a visit to the Falcons on Friday. Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net (Twitter link) reports that the Falcons also hosted Indiana tackle Jason Spriggs on a visit this week, while Jordan Raanan of NJ.com tweets that Stony Brook defensive end Victor Ochi is in Atlanta today to meet with the team.
Let’s round up a few more updates from across the NFC….
- During an interview with KFAN earlier this week, free agent wide receiver Greg Jennings admitted that he missed playing in Minnesota, and left a voicemail for Vikings GM Rick Spielman expressing interest in a reunion. Aj Mansour of KFAN.com has the details and the quotes from Jennings.
- Southeastern Louisiana defensive back Harlan Miller had a private workout with the Panthers on Thursday, tweets Rand Getlin of the NFL Network. Meanwhile, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle tweets that Tennessee wideout Marquez North is among the players working out for Carolina at the team’s local prospect day.
- According to Aaron Wilson (Twitter link), the Giants recently tried out a handful of veteran free agents, including running back Bobby Rainey and defensive back Jaiquawn Jarrett.
- Indiana quarterback Nate Sudfeld has privately worked out for the Cardinals twice, according to Adam Caplan of ESPN.com (Twitter link). Caplan suggests Sudfeld projects to come off the board on day two of the draft, or early on day three, though that could be an optimistic forecast.
- University of Minnesota cornerback Eric Murray recently met with the local NFL team, paying a visit to the Vikings, and has a visit on tap with the 49ers next week, tweets Darren Wolfson of 5 Eyewitness News.