Apparently, the Cowboys are content to go into 2016 with Kellen Moore as their No. 2 quarterback. Speaking to reporters today, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said that Dallas will not be pursuing free agent quarterback Nick Foles, as Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News writes.
COO Stephen Jones went a step further, saying that the Cowboys aren’t going to look for outside help at all at QB.
“At some point you have to develop guys,” the younger Jones said Friday. “I think Cincinnati last year had a really solid football team. You look at what they did with A.J. [McCarron], a fourth-round pick out of the SEC. He came in and had every opportunity and — nothing to do with him — had a chance to win a playoff game for them.”
Last year, when the Cowboys had to rely on Moore, Matt Cassel, and Brandon Weeden, they went 1-11. After seeing what can happen without Romo in the lineup, many assumed that Foles would be a natural fit following his release.
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.