The latest from around the NFL:
- The Raiders are still in the mix for wide receiver Andre Holmes, Scott Bair of CSNBayArea.com tweets. At least five other teams have shown interest in signing him this week.
- Left tackle Andrew Whitworth left the Bengals for the Rams because of his desire for long-term security, agent Pat Dye tells Katherine Terrell of ESPN.com. Whitworth’s deal with L.A. is a three-year, $36MM pact with $15MM guaranteed. The Bengals refused to go past one-year at $10MM.
- Jairus Byrd will be designated a June 1 cut, Nick Underhill of The Advocate tweets. The Saints informed Byrd of his release earlier this week.
- The Bengals are not interested in offensive lineman D.J. Fluker, Jim Owczarski of The Enquirer tweets.
- Kevin Zeitler says his best contract offers came from the Saints and Browns, Alex Marvez of SiriusXM tweets. His agent recommended Cleveland based on the money offered and that’s the direction he ultimately went in.