Teams continue to finalize their UDFA hauls. Here are the players who will try to make the 49ers’ 53-man roster:
- Azeez Al-Shaair, LB (Florida Atlantic)
- Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles, S (Arizona)
- Jamell Garcia-Williams, DL (UAB)
- Kevin Givens, DL (Penn State)
- Cameron Glenn, S (Wake Forest)
- Malik Henry, WR (West Georgia)
- Tyree Mayfield, TE (Wyoming)
- Shawn Poindexter, WR (Arizona)
- Ross Reynolds, G (Iowa)
- Wilton Speight, QB (UCLA)
Michigan’s starting quarterback in 2016, prior to a back injury that ended up costing him the job, Speight finished his career in Los Angeles and appeared in seven games for the 2018 Bruins. He threw just six touchdown passes in his lone UCLA campaign. He will become the fourth quarterback on the 49ers’ roster.
Garcia-Williams stands 6-foot-7 and is coming off a breakout year, when he recorded 9.5 sacks and 15.5 tackles for loss. He will compete for time along the edge for a San Francisco team suddenly much stronger at that spot. Givens profiles as an interior defender, a spot where the 49ers have been deep for years due to their continued first-round investments.
The 49ers guaranteed $25K of Mayfield’s base salary, along with a $10K signing bonus, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle tweets. Mayfield comprised part of the 49ers’ pre-draft visitor list. Despite Henry totaling fewer than 400 yards at Division II West Georgia last year, the 49ers are guaranteeing him $90K, Matt Barrows of The Athletic notes (subscription required).