Here are Tuesday’s minor moves:
- Placed on IR: RB Jerome Ford
Green Bay Packers
- Signed off Saints’ practice squad: LB Eric Wilson
- Designated for return from IR: OLB Mario Addison
- Signed off Falcons’ practice squad: NT Khyiris Tonga
- Placed on IR: S Lewis Cine (story)
- Activated from reserve/PUP list: LB Ryan Connelly
- Designated for return from IR: WR Calvin Austin
San Francisco 49ers
- Released: WR Willie Snead
- Promoted: DL Sam Okuayinonu
- Waived: OLB Wyatt Ray
- Released from IR via injury settlement: TE Tommy Hudson
Cine has now undergone two surgeries in London to repair his leg fracture. The first-round pick underwent a preparatory procedure before his Tuesday operation to repair the compound fracture he sustained. The Georgia product will stay in England for the time being, with Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press noting (via Twitter) doctors want to ensure no infections develop. Cine could travel back to Minnesota as soon as this weekend.
Following Latavius Murray off the Saints’ practice squad this week, Wilson did not see any action for the team this season. The former multiyear Vikings starter signed a one-year, $2.75MM Eagles deal in 2021, but Philadelphia bailed on that contract during the season. Wilson, 28, finished last season with the Texans. In his lone full season as a Vikings starter (2020), Wilson made 122 tackles, registered three sacks and intercepted three passes.
Addison signed with the Texans shortly after the draft, joining fellow ex-Bills edge rusher Jerry Hughes in joining the rebuilding team on a two-year deal. The Texans placed Addison on IR with a groin injury; he is eligible to be activated to the 53-man roster this week. Teams can make eight activations from their injured lists — be it IR, PUP or NFI — this season.