Wednesday’s minor moves:
- Signed (off Raiders’ practice squad): CB Sam Webb
- Suspended to begin 2024 season: TE Leonard Taylor
Los Angeles Rams
- Placed on non-football illness list: QB Stetson Bennett
New Orleans Saints
- Promoted from practice squad: WR Lynn Bowden Jr., DE Kyle Phillips
- Placed on IR: DE Payton Turner (story)
Taylor was placed on IR by the Jaguars in July, guaranteeing that he would not see the field during the 2023 campaign. He has also been suspended for the first two games of next season, though, PHNX’s Howard Balzer notes. The 24-year-old has yet to see regular season NFL game action in his career.
Bennett has been dealing with a shoulder injury, but the NFI designation is used for injuries (or, in this case, illnesses) which arise separate from football-related activities. When asked for specifics about the fourth-round rookie’s circumstances, head coach Sean McVay said, via The Athletic’s Jourdan Rodrigue, “out of respect for him and the situation, I’m going to leave all of those specifics and particulars in-house” (subscription required). The Rams will move forward with Matthew Stafford as their starter under center, and Brett Rypien available as an option to be elevated from the practice squad.