Here are some minor transactions for today from around the league:
- Released from IR with injury settlement: CB Cornell Armstrong
- Signed to active roster: LB Chandler Wooten
- Waived from IR with injury settlement: OLB JoJo Domann
- Released from IR with injury settlement: T Josh Wells
Los Angeles Rams
- Waived from IR with injury settlement: CB Shaun Jolly
- Released: RB Myles Gaskin
New England Patriots
- Released from IR with injury settlement: T Conor McDermott
San Francisco 49ers
- Released: DE Austin Bryant
The releases of Armstrong and Wells are interesting. Armstrong ended last year as a starting cornerback for the Falcons but will now have to continue striving to stay in the NFL. Wells’ release ends a short reunion with the team that drafted him.
Gaskin is reportedly expected to remain in Minnesota and sign to the team’s practice squad to be elevated on Sunday. This is likely a familiar tactic teams use in order to avoid guaranteeing the full value of low-cost veterans’ salaries. Those on the 53-man roster for Week 1 will be guaranteed, while players signed to the active roster after this week will only be guaranteed 35 percent.