The Cardinals became the latest team to unveil their UDFA class. Twelve players comprise Arizona’s post-draft group. Here is the full list:
- Drew Anderson, QB (Murray State)
- Drew Belcher, TE (Maine)
- Dante Booker, LB (Ohio State)
- Miles Brown, DL (Wofford)
- Tariq Cole, OL (Rutgers)
- James Folston, LB (Pittsburgh)
- Ryan Pulley, CB (Arkansas)
- A.J. Richardson, WR (Boise State)
- William Sweet, OL (North Carolina)
- Immanuel Turner, DL (Louisiana Tech)
- Xavier Turner, (Tarleton State)
- Jerome Washington, TE (Rutgers)
Although Charles Clay joined a group including Ricky Seals-Jones, before Caleb Wilson became a Cardinal in the seventh round, the Cards added two more tight ends Monday in Belcher and Washington. A former quarterback, Belcher helped Maine to the Division I-FCS semifinals, catching 46 passes for 357 yards last season. Washington transferred from Miami to Rutgers but did not exceed 300 yards in a season in college. Kliff Kingsbury‘s offense may not feature as much tight end work as Arizona’s previous attack did, with four- and five-wide receiver sets expected more often.
Anderson attended four schools — San Diego State, Diablo Valley (Calif.) College, Buffalo and Murray State — and although he only played in five games for the Bulls, one of those was a 597-yard, seven-touchdown pass performance in 2017. He threw for 2,864 yards with the Racers last season, in addition to 20 TD passes, and added 225 rushing yards. Anderson joins Kyler Murray, Brett Hundley and 2018 UDFA Chad Kanoff as Cardinals quarterbacks.