Some assorted notes from around the NFL…
- Considering the Steelers refusal to renegotiate contracts prior to the final year of a player’s current deal, Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com wonders if Antonio Brown could potentially hold out in the future.
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll referred to Evan Mathis‘ visit with the organization as a “physical,” according to Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times (via Twitter). This could be an indication that a deal is imminent.
- Browns wideout (and former quarterback) Terrelle Pryor hasn’t had much of an opportunity to hit the field this summer due to injuries, and according to Nate Ulrich of Ohio.com (via Twitter), head coach Mike Pettine said the receiver’s chance of making the team decreases every day he’s not out there.
- The Bills are auditioning free agent wideout Austin Willis, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (via Twitter). Several teams are reportedly interested in the former Emporia State standout, who was cut by the Raiders earlier this week.
- Rex Ryan said there is a “high possibility” that the Bills keep all three of their quarterbacks, writes Jeremy Bergman of NFL.com. The team also hasn’t decided who will start among Tyrod Taylor, Matt Cassel and EJ Manuel. “We haven’t decided yet who’s starting at QB next week,” Ryan said. “We’ll rotate all three in this week.”