Could Jared Goff go No. 1 in this year’s draft? Of course, the Titans won’t be taking a QB, but one NFL GM tells Matt Miller of Bleacher Report (via Twitter) that he believes another team could trade up into the top spot to grab the Cal quarterback.
While we wait to see if that might happen, here’s a look at the latest draft rumors (all items credited to Tony Pauline of Walter Football, unless noted otherwise):
- After his pro day workout, Georgia defensive lineman Sterling Bailey met with Patriots head coach Bill Belichick and defensive coordinator Matt Patricia, according to Pauline.
- The Lions appear to be all over Boston College safety Justin Simmons. Detroit brass met with Simmons on Tuesday to have dinner, conduct an interview, and go over film. The Lions also spent time with him during Shrine week and interviewed him at the draft combine.
- Stanford quarterback Kevin Hogan threw the ball well at his school’s pro day and his delivery was said to be more compact than it has been in the past. The Bills, who are known to like Hogan, had GM Doug Whaley and others on hand.
- The Panthers worked out Cincinnati receivers Chris Moore and Johnny Holton on Thursday as well as Pittsburgh receiver Tyler Boyd.
- Mississippi State pass rusher Ryan Brown has official visits scheduled with the Raiders, Texans, Cowboys, and, Dolphins.
- Clemson cornerback Mackensie Alexander has already met with the Jets, Titans, Saints, Colts, Steelers, Lions, and Chargers, according to Rand Getlin of NFL.com (on Twitter).
- Clemson defensive end Shaq Lawson‘s shoulder was flagged at the combine and he’s on the list to go back to Indianapolis for the medical recheck, Albert Breer of NFL.com tweets. Meanwhile, Matt Miller of Bleacher Report (on Twitter) hears that at least a dozen teams passed Lawson on his physical, while one or two teams apparently flagged him for his shoulder. Lawson met with the Jets, Titans, Saints, and Browns earlier this month.