Today’s minor moves:
- The Lions have waived wide receiver Corey Washington with an injury designation, reports ESPN’s Michael Rothstein. Washington, who caught five passes with the Giants in 2014, spent last season on the Lions’ practice squad.
- The Patriots have waived/injured tight end Michael Williams, according to Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com (Twitter link). Williams, who suffered a torn ACL on Wednesday, will revert to IR if he clears waivers.
- The Chiefs (Twitter link) announced that they have signed defensive back Bryce Cheek and waived safety Peni Vea.
- The Cowboys announced that they have waived cornerback Terrance Mitchell, who had one of their two interceptions by cornerbacks last season. The move is slightly surprising because Jason Garrett spoke highly of Mitchell earlier in the offseason, ESPN.com’s Todd Archer observes (Twitter link).
- The Cowboys also waived cornerback Brandon McGee with an injury designation.