Today’s minor moves:
- Pass rusher Kevin Anderson, whom the Steelers waived/injured on Wednesday, has cleared waivers and reverted to injured reserve, per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (Twitter link).
- The Bears signed quarterback Dalyn Williams and released fellow QB Matt Blanchard, as Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune writes. Williams, a UDFA from Dartmouth, threw for 2,592 yards and 17 touchdowns last season, completing 64% of his passes. The Bears liked Blanchard, but he has no more practice squad eligibility.
- The Eagles placed linebacker Ty Powell on the reserve/retired list, as Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News tweets.
- The Browns signed third-round pick Cody Kessler, as Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal writes. Kessler, a USC product who went 93rd overall, had less hype than other quarterbacks in this year’s class but wound up being taken earlier than some big names at the position.
- Linebacker Jerrell Harris, waived/injured by the Cowboys on Wednesday, is now on their IR after clearing waivers, tweets Wilson.