The Chiefs aren’t one of the four teams that have reached out to free agent center Alex Mack, but teams are getting creative with their proposals to the Browns free agent, tweets Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star. Here’s a look at the latest out of the AFC..
- Donte Whitner told reporters today, including Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal (Twitter link), that he has encouraged the Browns to look into signing Ted Ginn Jr., who would like to come to Cleveland. The Bucs are hosting the speedy return man today.
- The Patriots and Vince Wilfork have discussed an extension this offseason, but an agreement isn’t close, tweets Albert Breer of NFL Network. Talks aren’t active at the moment, but could pick up again as the Pats need additional room (link). Adrian Wilson could also potentially be cut for cap savings.
- Linebacker Dekoda Watson says he had interest from nine-ten other teams before he signed with the Jaguars, tweets John Oehser of Jaguars.com. The Bills, Patriots, 49ers, and Browns were among the interested clubs.
- Chiefs free agent linebacker Akeem Jordan is scheduled to visit the Titans on Monday, a source tells Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun (on Twitter). We heard earlier this week that Jordan has interest from half a dozen teams.
- The Falcons and Raiders had interest in Linval Joseph before he signed with the Vikings, tweets Ben Goessling of ESPN. Ultimately, neither club came close to Minnesota’s offer.
- Chris Clemons‘ first visit will be to the Jaguars, tweets Terry Blount of ESPN. The Seahawks recently released the veteran defensive end.