Assuming Kyle Orton plans on playing out the final year of his contract in 2014, his salary will be decreased by $75K as a result of his missing the Cowboys‘ offseason workouts, writes Todd Archer of ESPNDallas.com. Taking into account Dallas’ recent additions of Brandon Weeden and Caleb Hanie, the offseason rumors about Orton’s potential retirement, and his absence from the workout program, the 31-year-old’s NFL future seems somewhat uncertain.
Here are a few more leftover Friday links from around the NFC:
- Jordan Raanan of NJ.com (Twitter link) adds offensive lineman Joel Bitonio to the list of players who visited the Giants this week. We heard yesterday that the Dolphins, Panthers, and Buccaneers were among the teams who might be eyeing the Nevada lineman.
- The Lions hosted their final three prospects today, according to Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com, who has details on today’s visitors: Ohio State cornerback Bradley Roby, Eastern Illinois wide receiver Erik Lora, and Kent State running back Dri Archer.
- In addition to having pre-draft visits with the Lions, Buccaneers, and Cardinals, as we heard last month, Bloomsburg defensive end Larry Webster worked out for the Cowboys, tweets Gil Brandt of NFL.com.
- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune fields a slew of Bears-related questions on the team’s draft needs and Alshon Jeffery‘s contract situation, among other topics.
- North Carolina quarterback Bryn Renner, a potential late-round pick, visited the Vikings last week, a source tells Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press (Twitter link).
- In a series of tweets, Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch provides the full list of seven prospects who participated in the Rams‘ local prospect day on Friday.