Here’s the latest from Peter Schrager of FOX Sports (all links to go Twitter):
- The thought around the league is that the Chargers are going with Notre Dame tackle Ronnie Stanley or Oregon defensive end DeForest Buckner at No. 3, Schrager tweets. Schrager personally believes that San Diego will go with Buckner. Our own Dallas Robinson projects that the Bolts will take Buckner at No. 3.
- Schrager hears (link) that 25-30 is the sweet spot for someone to trade into the first round and grab a quarterback. That could be the range for Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook.
- The Cowboys “are split” on Jalen Ramsey and Ezekiel Elliott at No. 4 (link), but Schrager believes that they will take Ramsey.
- Leonard Floyd could be a real possibility for the Jaguars at No. 5, but if he slips, he probably won’t slip past the Bears at No. 11, Schrager tweets.
- The Dolphins are high on Elliott if he goes past the Cowboys at No. 4, but the cost could be prohibitive (link). Miami is currently slated to pick at No. 13.
- Despite a relative lack of hype, Schrager (link) hears that West Virginia safety Karl Joseph, Florida defensive lineman Jonathan Bullard, and Texas A&M offensive lineman Germain Ifedi could go in the first round tonight. A recent report also indicated that Joseph is still likely to go in the first round despite a torn ACL. Joseph will likely have to miss a good chunk of the 2016 season as he rehabs from his injury.