- The Colts and Andrew Luck agreed to a six-year, $140MM extension that will keep him in Indianapolis until 2021. The landmark deal, which featured $87MM guaranteed, makes the fifth-year quarterback the NFL’s highest-paid player on a per-year basis and in terms of total dollars.
- The Seahawks signed Doug Baldwin to a four-year extension worth $46MM, keeping another homegrown talent in Seattle. Baldwin, who signed his third contract despite being just 27, received $24.25MM guaranteed on a deal that stands to keep him in Washington through 2020.
- The NFL suspended Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClain for 10 games and free agent Johnny Manziel for four as a result of violations of the substance abuse policy. The league also upheld Demarcus Lawrence‘s four-game suspension after an appeal.
- Jets defensive end Sheldon Richardson also received a one-game ban for a violation of the league’s personal conduct policy. This is Richardson’s second suspension since entering the league in 2013.
- Cowboys linebacker Jaylon Smith not expected to play in 2016 (link)
- California State Supreme Court ruling weakens Chargers‘ pursuit of downtown stadium (link)
- NFL, NFLPA trade letters on potential PED investigation (link)
- NFL will interview Peyton Manning if PED investigation goes forward (link)
- Manziel not planning to play in 2016 (link)