- CB John Tidwell (via Cameron Wolfe of The Denver Post on Twitter)
- DT Kyle Peko (Twitter link via Nicki Jhabvala of The Denver Post)
- WR/KR Kalif Raymond (Twitter link via Mike Klis of 9NEWS)
- ILB Dwayne Norman (link via Klis)
- CB Taurean Nixon
- DL Eddie Yarbrough (Twitter link via Troy Renck of Denver7)
- RB/FB Juwan Thompson (Twitter link via Klis)
- DL Lars Koht (Twitter link via Klis)
- WR Mose Frazier (Twitter link via Klis)
- OLB Vontarrius Dora
- OLB Sadat Sulleyman (Twitter link via Renck)
- OT Lars Hanson
- OT Justin Murray (Twitter link via Klis)
- DL Henry Melton (story)
- G Robert Myers (via Wolfe on Twitter)
- S Ryan Murphy (Twitter link via Klis)
Thompson, an undrafted free agent, clawed his way on to the 53-man roster in each of the last two season. Unfortunately, he was not able to make the final cut this year thanks to the numbers crunch in the backfield and his lingering injuries. In 2014, the Duke product ran for 272 yards off of 54 carries with three rushing touchdowns. He also added four catches for 25 yards. Last season, Thompson appeared in 15 regular season games but carried the ball only 18 times for 48 yards while adding six catches for 51 yards. Andy Janovich will likely serve as Denver’s fullback with Thompson gone.
Peko got the highest bonus of any undrafted rookie free agent this year so it is a mild surprise to see him cut. The defensive tackle and other players on today’s cut list should find their way to Denver’s taxi squad.
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.