The Patriots have announced the cuts that bring them down to 53, including the waiving of Aaron Dobson.
Dobson, 25, is a former second-round pick, but he hasn’t done much since joining New England in 2013. In three seasons with the club, the Marshall product has only posted 53 receptions for less than 700 yards. Most of that production came during his rookie season, as Dobson has put up only 16 catches during the past two years. Entering the final year of his rookie deal, Dobson was set to earn about $872K in base salary.
Here’s the list of Patriots cuts so far today:
- WR Aaron Dobson
- S Vinnie Sunseri (Twitter link via Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald)
- WR DeAndre Carter (Twitter link via Kyed)
- WR Keshawn Martin (Twitter link via Kyed)
- RB Tyler Gaffney (waived/injured)
- DT Marcus Kuhn
- CB Cre’Von LeBlanc (Twitter link via Kyed)
- LB Kamu Grugier-Hill (Twitter link via Mike Reiss of ESPN.com)
- LB Kevin Snyder (waived/injured, Twitter link via Kyed)
- DT Woodrow Hamilton (Twitter link via Kyed)
- RB/FB Joey Iosefa (Twitter link via Kyed)
- G Jon Halapio (Twitter link via Kyed)
- CB Darryl Roberts (waived/injured)
- WR Chris Harper (Twitter link via Field Yates of ESPN.com)
- OG Chris Barker (via Howe on Twitter)
- DE Geneo Grissom
- LB Rufus Johnson
- DL Joe Vellano
- WR Devin Lucien
- TE Bryce Williams
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.
11 comments on “Patriots Cut Aaron Dobson, Move To 53”
No big surprise that Dobson is looking for a job today, he just couldn’t catch the football, and having it thrown to him by the G.O.A.T. QB, that doesn’t say much for him.
No surprise that Dropsy Dobson is looking for work today, if he can’t catch a pass from the G.O.A.T. than he has problems.
4 tight ends or 2 h-back
Took em long enough to send dobson to the unemployment line
Not sure why they cut Keyshawn or Chris Harper. They couldn’t help the team out? Iosefa, gaffney, Grissom, vellano,barker are all guys who have had flashes of solid play in them too, whether in games or preseason. But I guess there’s always someone better in the long run
Gaffney is injured. He will likely clear waivers because of that and they can bring him back down the road. Martin and Harper were simply a numbers game. Note that they kept Devlin, Harbot AND Derby. It was thought that numbers was going to send one of them out. So some of the other might have been to make that space.
Bruce thinks he is so cool using the G.O.A.T. acronym in caps with all the periods.
Jim thinks he’s cool to bringing up punctuation as criticism.
good, now get some talent!!
GREAT, now get some talent, not sliders!!
GREAT, NOW GET SOME TALENT, NOT A SLIDER!!!!