The original analysis and content produced by the PFR staff during the past week:
- Ben Levine took an expansive look at the Los Angeles Rams’ offseason in PFR’s Offseason in Review series as the team began its second stint in southern California.
- To wrap up PFR’s Impact Rookies series, Dave-Te Thomas reviewed three NFC West teams’ first-year contingents. Examined this week:
- In advance of the AFC East’s first two tilts pitting its teams against one another this week, I asked readers who will win the division this year. While the Patriots have claimed this championship in each of the past season seasons — making them the only team to reign supreme over its division throughout the 2010s — the Jets have played well thus far, and the Dolphins gave the Pats all they can handle today, albeit without Tom Brady. Vote who you think will emerge with a home playoff game out of this quartet.
- Zach Links took a look at how the NFL altered the IR format in 2016. One of the many pieces in PFR’s glossary, this focuses on the new wrinkle that eliminated the IR-DTR distinction. Teams now have more options regarding how they handle their IR list.
- Zach also rounded up the latest edition of the Pigskin Links, with pieces on Brady and Kirk Cousins populating the space this week.