The Redskins have signed first-round pick Jonathan Allen along with eight of their other nine draft picks. The lone holdout, so to speak, is third round cornerback Fabian Moreau. The full list of signed rookies is below:
- 1-17: Jonathan Allen, DL (Alabama)
- 2-49: Ryan Anderson, LB (Alabama)
- 4-114: Samaje Perine, RB (Oklahoma)
- 4-123: Montae Nicholson, S (Michigan State)
- 5-154: Jeremy Sprinkle, TE (Arkansas)
- 6-199: Chase Roullier, C (Wyoming)
- 6-209: Robert Davis, WR (Georgia State)
- 7-230: Josh Harvey-Clemons, S (Louisville)
- 7-235: Joshua Holsey, S (Auburn)
Allen, an Alabama product, was regarded by many prognosticators as a top five talent in this year’s class. However, on draft night, he slipped all the way to Washington at No. 17. His slide might have been tied to his medical situation as he is said to have symptoms of arthritis in both of his shoulders. Allen says that the shoulders are not an issue now, but he did concede at the combine that the issue could cause trouble down the road. As a senior, Allen had 69 tackles, including 16 tackles for a loss. He also had 10.5 sacks, nearly matching his 12 sack total from 2015.
Sprinkle made headlines for all the wrong reasons when he shoplifted from a Belk department store days before Arkansas played in the Belk Bowl. Despite the embarrassing incident, teams still viewed the tight end as an NFL talent after he had 33 catches for 380 yards and four touchdowns in eleven starts for the Razorbacks. We could see Sprinkle in two tight end sets with top TE Jordan Reed this season.
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.