Let’s take a look at the details from the latest contracts signed in the NFL, with all links going to Twitter unless otherwise noted:
- Drew Brees, QB (Saints): Two years, $50MM. $10.5MM signing bonus. $10.2MM 2018 base salary. $3.3MM available via incentives in 2018. $24MM cap charge in 2018. $33.5MM cap charge in 2019 (Twitter links via Field Yates of ESPN.com).
- Malcolm Butler, CB (Titans): Five years, $61.23MM. $24MM guaranteed. $10MM signing bonus (via Howard Balzer).
- Justin Ellis, DT (Raiders): Three years, $13.5MM. $6.5MM guaranteed. 2019 base salary ($2.25MM) becomes fully guaranteed on third day of 2019 league year (via Adam Caplan of SiriusXM).
- Mark Herzlich, LB (Giants): One year, $790K minimum salary contract (via Ralph Vacchiano of SNY).
- James Hurst, T (Ravens): Four years, $17.5MM. $6MM guaranteed (via Caplan).
- Trumaine Johnson, CB (Jets): Five years, $72.5MM. $34MM guaranteed (via Balzer), $34MM fully guaranteed (per Rich Cimini of ESPN.com).