The Saints became the latest team to announce their undrafted free agent class, inking 14 players. A couple received notable signing bonuses:
- Carl Granderson, DE (Wyoming) ($15,000 signing bonus, $70,000 base salary guaranteed, per Josh Katzenstein of NOLA.com. )
- Ethan Greenidge, OT (Villanova) ($7,500 signing bonus, $30,000 base salary guaranteed, per Katzenstein)
- Nick Moore, LS (Georgia)
- Porter Gustin, LB/DE (USC
- Lil’Jordan Humphrey, WR (Texas)
- Derrick Kelly, OT (Florida State)
- Darnell Holland, RB (Kennesaw State)
- Jake Powell, TE (Monmouth)
- Darrell Williams, LB (Auburn)
- Emmanuel Butler, WR (Northern Arizona)
- Chase Hansen, LB (Utah)
- Mike Herndon, OG (Pittsburgh)
- Corbin Kaufusi, DE (BYU)
- Darius Williams, DB (Colorado State-Pueblo)
New Orleans gave Granderson, the Wyoming pass-rusher, a hefty sum of $85K guaranteed. Granderson is a talented player who almost certainly would’ve been drafted if not for his ongoing legal situation. Many analysts gave Granderson a mid-round grade, but he’s facing a July trial on sexual assault charges. Granderson has denied the charges, and it will be a situation worth monitoring this summer.
Greenidge also got significant guarantees, and the Saints could view him as a good longterm developmental option on the offensive line. Gustin was another player many thought had a chance to be drafted, and he was productive in college. In just six games at USC last season, he had 7.5 sacks. He’s struggled with injuries each of the past two seasons, but if he can stay healthy he should have a good shot at making the team.
The Saints sometimes struggled for consistent receiving options behind Michael Thomas last year, and Humphrey had 1,176 yards and nine touchdowns for Texas last season, so he could be worth a look.
3 comments on “Saints Sign 14 UDFAs”
How was LJ Humphrey not drafted? WTF!!??
Next you’ll tell me a
real estate scumbag who
never pays his bills
to honest workingmen
can be president!
Because he’s slow as F and runs routes about as well as you and me.
Lil’Jordan is an animal, I was surprised too.