April 19th, 2018 at 9:54pm CST by Sam Robinson
Here are today’s minor moves.
- Waived: CB Adairius Barnes
New York Giants
- Waived: T Jessamen Dunker
August 9th, 2017 at 7:23pm CST by Connor J. Byrne
Wednesday’s minor NFL transactions:
- The Colts have signed running back George Winn and two receivers, Valdez Showers and Brian Riley. The team cut receivers Tevaun Smith and Chris Biggs, both of whom were waived/injured, in corresponding moves. Winn had been out of work since the Giants waived him May 1. He’s best known for his work in Detroit, where he appeared in 19 games from 2014-15 and picked up 74 yards on 23 carries. The only other player in this group with pro experience is Smith, who played in two games with the Colts last year as an undrafted rookie. A Toronto native, Smith was actually a high pick in the Canadian Football League a year ago, going eighth overall to the Edmonton Eskimos, who still hold his rights.
- The Chiefs have waived receiver Corey Washington, ending his stint with the team after less than two weeks. Washington signed with the Chiefs on July 31, two-plus months after the Bills waived him in early May. The 25-year-old’s only NFL action came back in 2014 as a member of the Giants, with whom he caught five passes in 14 games.
- The Giants have signed offensive lineman Corin Brooks and waived/injured fellow O-lineman Jessamen Dunker. Both players went undrafted this year, with Brooks (Texas-Permian Basin) initially catching on with Kansas City in May and Dunker (Tennessee State) landing with the Giants around the same time.
- The Bengals have signed punter Will Monday and waived/injured receiver Jake Kumerow. Monday has also spent time with the Steelers and Chiefs since he went undrafted from Duke in 2016. Kumerow caught on with the Bengals back in 2015, when he went undrafted out of Wisconsin-Whitewater. He hasn’t appeared in a regular-season game.
- The Seahawks have re-signed safety Jordan Simone, an undrafted rookie from Arizona State whom they waived Monday, and added defensive lineman Greg Milhouse. The 23-year-old Milhouse went undrafted out of Campbell last year and had a short stint with the Giants.
- The Saints have waived/injured second-year receiver Jordan Williams-Lambert, tweets Joel A. Erickson of the Advocate. Taking his place will be fellow wideout De’Quan Hampton, an undrafted rookie from USC, per Josh Katzenstein of NOLA.com (Twitter link).
May 11th, 2017 at 8:30pm CST by Connor J. Byrne
The Giants have signed three draft picks, second-round defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson (Alabama; previously reported), third-round quarterback Davis Webb (California) and fifth-round defensive end Avery Moss (Youngstown State), per a team announcement. Additionally, the club has added 14 undrafted free agents, all of whom are listed below:
- Josh Banks, DT (Wake Forest)
- Jessamen Dunker, OT (Tennessee State)
- DaShaun Amos, CB (East Carolina)
- Jadar Johnson, S (Clemson)
- Keeon Johnson, WR (Virginia)
- Jarron Jones, DT (Notre Dame)
- Calvin Munson, LB (San Diego State)
- Travis Rudolph, WR (Florida State)
- Evan Schwan, DE (Penn State)
- Shane Smith, RB (San Jose State)
- Colin Thompson, TE (Temple)
- Nigel Tribune, CB (Iowa State)
- Rob Wheelwright, WR (Wisconsin)
- Jalen Williams, WR (Umass)