July 31st, 2017 at 1:50pm CST by Zachary Links
A roundup of today’s minor transactions:
- The Cardinals signed cornerback Jarell Carter and waived/injured linebacker Alani Fua (knee) and cornerback Ronald Zamort (knee). Zamort appeared to be ahead of Brandon Williams on the Cardinals’ depth chart at the time of his season-ending ACL tear.
- The Bengals waived kicker Jonathan Brown, which means the team’s kicking competition is down to Jake Elliott and Randy Bullock. To fill his roster spot, the Bengals signed safety Cedric Thompson.
- The Colts claimed former Denver tight end Henry Krieger-Coble on waivers. To make room, the Colts waived tight end Colin Jeter.
- The Eagles signed cornerback Tay Glover-Wright to a one-year contract, per a club announcement. Glover-Wright is an undrafted free agent with Utah State with just two games of NFL experience on his resume.
- Wide receiver K.J. Maye, who played in college at Minnesota, has been signed to the Patriots‘ 90-man roster.
- The 49ers announced that they’ve claimed wide receiver Tim Patrick off waivers from Baltimore and waived/injured fellow wideout B.J. Johnson.
- The Chiefs have signed free agent wide receivers Corey Washington and Rob Wheelwright, and waived wide receiver Antwan Goodley and tight end Emanuel Byrd.
- The Saints have signed former South Carolina linebacker Jonathan Walton, tweets Nick Underhill of the Advocate.
May 13th, 2017 at 6:49pm CST by Dallas Robinson
Today’s minor moves:
- The Steelers have waived running back Dreamius Smith, the club announced on Friday. Smith, 24, originally entered the league as a Chargers undrafted free agent in 2015, and spent most of his rookie campaign on San Diego’s practice squad before being promoted for one contest near the end of that year. He’d signed a futures deal with Pittsburgh in January, but the Steelers didn’t have an opening at running back after drafting James Conner in the third round.
- The Giants have swapped out three roster spots at the back end of their roster, signing running back Khalid Abdullah, cornerback SaQwan Edwards, and safety Trey Robinson while waiving cornerback Nigel Tribune, wide receiver Rob Wheelwright, and running back Daryl Virgies, tweets James Kratch of NJ.com. New York also formally announced the signing of undrafted free agent offensive lineman Chad Wheeler, who reportedly landed a $20K bonus.
- The Rams have waived guard Alex Kozan and cornerback Ishmael Adams, according to Alden Gonzalez of ESPN.com (Twitter link). Both players were signed as undrafted college free agents earlier this month, but didn’t make it to Los Angeles’ rookie minicamp.
May 11th, 2017 at 8:30pm CST by Connor J. Byrne
The Giants have signed three draft picks, second-round defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson (Alabama; previously reported), third-round quarterback Davis Webb (California) and fifth-round defensive end Avery Moss (Youngstown State), per a team announcement. Additionally, the club has added 14 undrafted free agents, all of whom are listed below:
- Josh Banks, DT (Wake Forest)
- Jessamen Dunker, OT (Tennessee State)
- DaShaun Amos, CB (East Carolina)
- Jadar Johnson, S (Clemson)
- Keeon Johnson, WR (Virginia)
- Jarron Jones, DT (Notre Dame)
- Calvin Munson, LB (San Diego State)
- Travis Rudolph, WR (Florida State)
- Evan Schwan, DE (Penn State)
- Shane Smith, RB (San Jose State)
- Colin Thompson, TE (Temple)
- Nigel Tribune, CB (Iowa State)
- Rob Wheelwright, WR (Wisconsin)
- Jalen Williams, WR (Umass)