Here’s a look at some of the notable workouts from around the league this weekend:
- The Colts auditioned four linebackers this weekend, bringing in Aaron Hansford, Justin Hilliard, Dorian O’Daniel, and Kadofi Wright, according to Joel A. Erickson of the Indy Star. This is likely a search for camp bodies and shouldn’t say much as to Darius Leonard‘s availability for the regular season.
- The Ravens worked out defensive backs Ken Crawley, Darryl Roberts, and Daryl Worley this weekend, according to ESPN’s Field Yates. Worley actually spent the end of last season on Baltimore’s practice squad, so he has some familiarity with the system. It wouldn’t be a surprise to see the Ravens bring in some bodies to play more snaps in the preseason after watching multiple players go down with season-ending injuries before the season even began last year.
- The Dolphins spent their weekend trying out centers Cohl Cabral, Jake Lacina, and Cole Toner, according to Aaron Wilson of Pro Football Network. Miami has been adamant about bringing in center competition for last year’s starter, Michael Deiter, but has ended up shifting former Cowboys tackle Connor Williams to the position. Even with Williams taking the starting role, Deiter is still dealing with a foot injury. The Dolphins may be looking to add some depth to shoulder the load for the rest of the preseason.
- The Chiefs, who recently signed former USFL wide receiver Devin Gray, also worked out receivers Matt Cole and Damion Willis., according to Wilson. Willis was an undrafted free agent in 2019 who started for the Bengals in Week 1 of his rookie season in place of an injured A.J. Green. He finished that season with 9 catches for 82 yards and has been bouncing around practice squads ever since.
Today’s minor NFL transactions:
- Signed: Antwaun Woods
- Signed: OT Darrin Paulo
- Waived/injured: LB Natrez Patrick
- Activated from NFI: DT Eric Johnson II
Kansas City Chiefs
New England Patriots
- Signed: WR Josh Hammond
New York Giants
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Signed: TE Johnathan Howard
- Waived: P Sterling Hofrichter
- Signed: WR Terry Godwin
- Waived: WR Juwan Green
- Activated from PUP: C Chase Roullier