Here are Friday’s minor moves:
- Promoted: S Natrell Jamerson
- Placed on IR: OL Cameron Erving
- Waived: RB Jeremy Cox
New York Giants
New York Jets
- Signed off Patriots’ practice squad: S J.T. Hassell
- Activated from reserve/COVID-19 list: C Maurkice Pouncey
The NFL has suspended Bengals safety Shawn Williams and Titans defensive end Teair Tart one game apiece “for violations of unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct rules,” per Michael Signora, NFL Senior Vice President of Football & International Communications (via Twitter). Specifically, both Williams and Tart stepped on opponents. NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports (via Twitter) that both players will appeal their suspensions.
Williams violation took place during the second quarter of the Bengals loss to the Dolphins yesterday when he stepped on Dolphins lineman Solomon Kindley. The defensive back will be sidelined for Cincy’s game against the Cowboys next weekend. The 29-year-old has spent his entire eight-year career with the Bengals, compiling 419 tackles and 12 interceptions. He’s appeared in 10 games off the bench this season, collecting 11 tackles and one pass defended.
Tart’s violation occurred during the second quarter of the Titans’ loss to the Browns yesterday. The undrafted rookie out of FIU will be forced to miss Tennessee’s game against the Jaguars this Sunday. The 23-year-old has appeared in five games this season, collecting two tackles and one pass defended.
Meanwhile, Pelissero notes (via Twitter) that there won’t be any suspensions following yesterday’s Bengals/Dolphins skirmish. However, there’s a good chance fines will be coming for several individuals.
Here are Saturday’s minor moves:
- Activated from IR: TE Maxx Williams
- Promoted: DL Michael Dogbe, RB D.J. Foster, CB Jace Whittaker
- Waived: TE Jordan Thomas
- Activated from IR: CB Darqueze Dennard
- Promoted: LB Edmond Robinson, LB Pita Taumoepenu
- Placed on IR: CB Jordan Miller
- Placed on IR: P Chris Jones
- Promoted: P Hunter Niswander, RB Sewo Olonilua, QB Cooper Rush, CB Saivion Smith
- Promoted: S Alijah Holder
- Activated from reserve/PUP list: DE Austin Bryant
- Promoted: OL Marcus Martin
- Placed on IR: CB Darryl Roberts
- Activated from IR: LB Matthew Adams
- Promoted: WR Daurice Fountain, WR DeMichael Harris
- Placed on IR: WR Ashton Dulin
- Promoted: LB Joe Giles-Harris, S Doug Middleton, CB Josh Nurse
- Placed on IR: LB Shaquille Quarterman
Kansas City Chiefs
Las Vegas Raiders
Los Angeles Chargers
- Promoted: RB Kalen Ballage, DE Jessie Lemonier, DB Quenton Meeks
- Placed on reserve/COVID-19 list: CB Brandon Facyson
New York Giants
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Activated from reserve/COVID-19 list: DL William Gholston
- Promoted: WR Cameron Batson, CB Breon Borders, RB D’Onta Foreman, LS Matt Overton, LB Wyatt Ray, DL Teair Tart
- Placed on IR: CB Tye Smith
- Waived: OL Daniel Munyer
Washington Football Team
This marks the second time the first-round tackle has landed on the COVID list. Players do not have to test positive to be placed on the list; they can land there if they come in contact with an infected person.
Wilson, a Georgia alum, spent roughly a week on the COVID list earlier this summer. Given Tennessee’s investment, he projects as a player who will at some point become Jack Conklin‘s replacement at right tackle. However, the Titans may not have him to start the season.
In other Titans roster moves, running back Senorise Perry and cornerback Chris Milton will join the team’s 53-man roster. To clear the other roster spot, the Titans placed safety Dane Cruikshank on IR. Players who are carried onto the regular-season roster do not have to miss a full season if placed on IR. This season, players who land on IR can return after three weeks.
Tennessee also set its practice squad Sunday. Trevor Siemian agreed to sign on. The Titans signed the former Broncos starter-turned-journeyman backup late this offseason but did not carry him through to their 53-man roster. He will instead serve as an emergency quarterback of sorts.
Here is the full list: