The Jets have expressed real interest in Packers free agent wide receiver James Jones, tweets Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. There’s no visit scheduled yet, however. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network (on Twitter) adds that the Jets want to sign two wide receivers this offseason.
- The Jets have interest in Panthers free agent wide receiver Brandon LaFell, tweets Brian Costello of the New York Post. However, there’s no visit scheduled just yet (link). The Patriots are known to have interest and the Broncos are also in the mix.
- Four teams have been in contact with Browns free agent center Alex Mack on various levels, Rapoport tweets. Mack is currently waiting for the frenzy to die down. The Colts and Ravens are among the teams with interest (link).
- Defensive tackle Jason Hatcher will be visiting the Raiders today after his visit with the Seahawks, a source tells Ian Rapoport of NFL Network (on Twitter).
- The Ravens would like to re-sign linebacker Daryl Smith but not at his current asking price, tweets Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun. Brandon Spikes and Wesley Woodyard are among other free agent options. Zrebiec also suggests that they could target Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley in the draft.
- The Broncos were interested in defensive playmakers all day yesterday, tweets Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. Before they landed Aqib Talib on a multi-year deal, they tried to get in on Jairus Byrd. Byrd, of course, went to the Saints.