The NFL is almost through another week of football, and the injuries are piling up yet again. An unfortunate reality of the league is that no team will leave healthy from week to week.
Zach Links and Luke Adams have already discussed some of the bigger names to go down. Matt Cassel‘s foot injury paved the way for Vikings‘ first-round pick Teddy Bridgewater‘s NFL debut. Dennis Pitta left the Ravens‘ win with a dislocated hip, and Chargers‘ tailback Danny Woodhead could miss the rest of the season with a high ankle sprain and fractured fibula.
Here are some other injury notes from around the NFL:
- In addition to Cassel, the Vikings‘ lost a number of starters to injury late in their loss to the Saints: linebacker Chad Greenway left the game with a rib injury, tight end Kyle Rudolph with a groin injury, guard Brandon Fusco with a pectoral injury, and Josh Robinson with a hamstring issue, writes Chris Tomasson of TwinCities.com.
- Saints‘ center Jonathan Goodwin left the game with a left leg injury, writes Katherine Terrell of NOLA.com.
- Redskins‘ cornerback DeAngelo Hall is feared to have a torn achilles tendon, reports Mike Jones of the Washington Post. He will have an MRI tomorrow.
- Lions‘ linebacker Stephen Tulloch injured his left knee during the victory over the Packers, writes Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. Tulloch, who has never missed a game in his nine-year career, suffered the injury during a celebration of a sack on Aaron Rodgers.
- Rod Streater and Tyvon Branch both suffered injuries for the Raiders in their 16-9 loss to the Patriots, reports Scott Bair of CSNBayArea.com. Head coach Dennis Allen confirmed that Streater suffered a foot fracture, and Branch had a similar injury.
- The Cowboys beat the Rams today, but may have lost defensive tackle Henry Melton to a groin injury, writes Brandon George of DallasNews.com. Melton missed all of the preseason while recovering from a groin injury.