We’ll keep track of the latest injury news here, with the newest updates added to the top of the list…
- Lions‘ right tackle LaAdrian Waddle left today’s game with a right knee injury, according to Josh Katzenstein of DetroitNews.com. Waddle’s teammates were not optimistic about the injury, writes Michael Rothstein of ESPN (via Twitter).
- Seahawks‘ left tackle Russell Okung was forced out of the matchup with the 49ers before halftime with a chest injury, reports Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times (via Twitter).
- The 49ers were eliminated from playoff contention earlier today, and were down to their third string running back at times. We heard that Frank Gore was knocked out of the game with a head injury, which was diagnosed as a concussion, according to Cam Inman of the San Jose Mercury News (via Twitter).
- Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy hyperextended his knee, an injury that could end his season, according to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. With no chance of playoffs and the 2015 top pick in their grasp, keeping McCoy on the sidelines for the final two games could be the smart long-term decision for the team.
- Washington lost two starters earlier today, with left tackle Trent Williams and quarterback Colt McCoy both leaving the game and not returning, reports Tarik-El Bashir of CSNWashington.com. Williams suffered a shoulder injury, while McCoy aggravated his neck during the game.
- After having his right ankle taped during the first half of today’s game against the Broncos, Chargers receiver Keenan Allen had to be carted off the field during the second half, tweets Michael Gehlken of U-T San Diego. It’s unclear whether Allen re-aggravated his ankle ailment, or suffered a new injury.
- Texans quarterback Tom Savage was limping after today’s game against the Colts, and will have an MRI tomorrow, tweets John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. Savage, selected in the fourth round of this year’s draft, was filling in for Ryan Fitzpatrick, who is likely lost for the year. If Savage can’t go next week, Houston would presumably turn to journeyman Thad Lewis, who was signed less than a month ago.
- 49ers running back Frank Gore is headed to the locker room after suffering an head injury while blocking in today’s game against the Seahawks, according to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com (Twitter link).
- The Ravens’ secondary has been ravaged by injuries this season, and it appears as though they’ve lost a few more key defenders. Rookie safety Terrence Brooks‘ season is over after he suffered damage to his PCL and possibly his MCL on a kickoff today, while cornberback Asa Jackson‘s status is unclear after he injured his PCL, writes Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.
- Another AFC North team is down several players in its defensive backfield, as Browns corners Joe Haden (shoulder) and Joe Haden (concussion) were forced from today’s game against the Bengals, according to Tony Grossi of ESPN.com (Twitter link).
- Starting in the absence of an injured Zach Mettenberger, Titans quarterback Jake Locker suffered what appears to a shoulder injury after taking a hit from the Jets’ Quinton Coples, per Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com (Twitter link). Charlie Whitehurst has taken over at QB for Tennessee.