Earlier tonight, Peter Schrager of FOX Sports took to Twitter to pass along his latest draft buzz. Here’s a rundown of everything:
- Schrager hears that West Virginia safety Karl Joseph is a “sure fire” first round pick (link). This jives with a Monday report which indicated that Joseph was still likely to go in the first round despite a torn ACL. Joseph will likely have to miss a good chunk of the 2016 season as he rehabs from his injury.
- Alabama center Ryan Kelly could end up going in the top twenty, Schrager hears. Teams love him and Schrager believes that he will not slip past Washington at No. 21. Kelly was a consensus All-American in 2015 and widely projected to be a first-round pick in this week’s draft.
- The thought is that the Giants like Georgia linebacker Leonard Floyd and Michigan State tackle Jack Conklin an awful lot at No. 10 (link). Scouts say that Floyd projects more as a potential outside linebacker for a 3-4 team, but the Giants must see a role for him in their 4-3 scheme. Conklin has caught the eye of many teams and the Browns reportedly wouldn’t mind moving down from No. 8 to select him. The Titans also like Conklin and, interestingly, it has been speculated that they could trade up to the Giants’ No. 10 pick to snag him.
- Schrager knows of two teams that have Paxton Lynch as a higher-rated quarterback than Jared Goff (link). Those two particular teams aren’t in need of a QB, but that evaluation of Lynch does speak to his wild card status.
- Even though he’s not getting as much attention as some of his teammates, Ohio State safety Vonn Bell could go late in the first round (link).
- The Steelers are thinking cornerback and Schrager says (link) that William Jackson III and Eli Apple are two names to watch if they’re avaialble when the Steelers are up.
- Other teams in the top 15 have told Schrager (link) that they are hoping the Cowboys will take Ezekiel Elliott at No. 4.