Today’s minor moves include a veteran defender heading to IR, a CFL signing, and other smaller signings and cuts from around the NFL. Let’s dive in and round up Wednesday’s minor transactions, with additional moves added to the top of the list throughout the day:
- Former Bethel cornerback Jocquel Skinner, who signed with the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in May, has been waived-injured by the club, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun. Per Wilson, the Cowboys have also removed Marvin Robinson from their IR with an injury settlement.
- Tight end Andrew Szczerba and punter Matt Yoklic have been cut by the Falcons, according to a team release. Szczerba spent last season on injured reserve, while Yoklic was signed by Atlanta a month ago as a rookie free agent.
- The Patriots have waived offensive lineman R.J. Mattes, the team announced today in a press release. It’s the third time since last May that the former North Carolina State lineman has been cut by New England.
- The Colts have placed defensive end Fili Moala on injured reserve, tweets Craig Kelley of Colts.com. Moala, who missed half of the 2012 season with a torn ACL, has suffered a similar injury, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (Twitter link). Per Rapoport, the 28-year-old’s ACL is only partially torn, but it’s enough to sideline him for the 2014 season. To replace Moala, the Colts have signed former Arizona State defensive end Gannon Conway, who was waived by the Dolphins last month.
- A former Valdosa State wideout with a presidential name has signed with the Dolphins, according the team, who announced today (via Twitter) that Gerald Ford has been added to the roster. Tight end Emmanuel Ogbuehi has been cut to clear space on the roster for Ford.
- Offensive lineman Mike Golic Jr. was cut by the Saints recently, has signed with the CFL’s Montreal Alouettes, according to ESPN.com’s Adam Caplan (Twitter link).