The Panthers have been busy adding undrafted free agents, as the organization announced that they’ve agreed to terms with 17 rookies:
- Myles Adams, DE (Rice)
- Omar Bayless, WR (Arkansas State)
- Branden Bowen, OT (Ohio State)
- Jason Ferris, LB (Montana Western)
- Sam Franklin, LB (Temple)
- Myles Hartsfield, DB (Mississippi)
- TreVontae Hights, WR (TCU)
- Mike Horton, G (Auburn)
- Jordan Mack, LB (Virginia)
- Frederick Mauigoa, C (Washington State)
- Chris Orr, LB (Wisconsin)
- David Reese, LB (Florida)
- Giovanni Ricci, TE (Western Michigan)
- Austrian Robinson, DT (Mississippi)
- Rodney Smith, RB (Minnesota)
- Cam Sutton, TE (Fresno State)
- Sam Tecklenburg, OL (Baylor)
As the press release notes, three of those free agents (Mack, Sutton, Thompson) officially signed with the Panthers on Monday.
The front office was clearly looking to plug a hole at linebacker, as the organization added five undrafted rookies at the position. While the front office used each of their seven draft picks on defensive players, all those rookies are either defensive backs or defensive linemen.
The Panthers are also making a relatively large investment in Bayless. Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle tweets that the wideout will earn $100K in guaranteed money. The Arkansas State product finished last season with 93 receptions for 1,653 yards and 17 touchdowns.