September 9th, 2015 at 7:38pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s minor signings, cuts, and other moves..
- The Eagles have signed reserve offensive lineman Dennis Kelly to a one-year extension through 2016, according to a league source who spoke with Field Yates of ESPN.com (via Twitter). Kelly will earn a $760K base salary with a $30K workout bonus.
- The Seahawks waived running back Robert Turbin off of their IR with an injury settlement, Adam Caplan of ESPN.com tweets. The 25-year-old Turbin was a fourth-round pick of Seattle in 2012. Since then, he’s amassed 928 yards on 231 carries (4.0 YPC), also adding 43 catches and two receiving touchdowns. Seattle waived Turbin shortly after adding Fred Jackson last week.
- Washington gave wide receiver Evan Spencer (concussion) an injury settlement and released him from injured reserve, Zac Boyer of The Washington Times tweets.
- The following players reached injury settlements with their respective teams, per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (on Twitter): Jerome Smith (Falcons), D.J. Tialavea (Falcons), Josh Martin (Chiefs), Christion Jones (Dolphins), Melvin Meggs (Chargers), Josh Allen (Buccaneers).
- The Seahawks worked out an injury settlement with Triston Wade, Wilson tweets.
September 1st, 2015 at 2:54pm CST by Luke Adams
The Chargers are the latest team to officially announce their cuts down to 75 players, and the team’s four Tuesday moves involve a handful of injured players. According to a press release, San Diego has waived/injured the following four players:
- WR Torrence Allen
- CB Chris Davis
- S Gordon Hill
- G Melvin Meggs
Each of those players will have to pass through waivers unclaimed in order to remain with the Chargers’ organization. Assuming they do, they’ll revert to San Diego’s injured reserve list.
Having trimmed their roster to 75 players, the Chargers will now have to make 22 more moves in order to get down to a 53-man roster by Saturday afternoon.
August 7th, 2015 at 1:12pm CST by Luke Adams
Here are Friday’s minor signings, cuts, and other transactions from around the NFL:
- With Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman both nursing injuries, the Falcons have bolstered their backfield depth by signing running back Michael Ford, per Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com (via Twitter). The LSU product spent some time with the Bears in 2013.
- Offensive lineman Ben Heenan has been waived by the Colts after suffering an MCL injury, tweets Stephen Holder of the Indianapolis Star. The team reached an injury settlement with Heenan, so he won’t go on the IR if the clears waivers. To replace Heenan, the Colts signed free agent guard Kitt O’Brien.
- The Chargers have swapped one offensive lineman for another at the back of their roster, waiving rookie Ben Beckwith with an injury designation, and signing undrafted free agent Melvin Meggs, according to Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune (Twitter link).
- Earlier this week, the Texans released offensive lineman Will Yeatman with an injury settlement. Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle tweets that the settlement was worth just over $68K.
- Wilson also reports (via Twitter) that wide receiver Eli Rogers has been placed on the Steelers‘ injured reserve list after going unclaimed on waivers.
June 18th, 2015 at 4:36pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s minor moves..
- The Titans waived tight end Taylor Thompson, tweets the Tennesseean’s Jim Wyatt. Thompson, whom the Titans chose in the fifth round of the 2012 draft, has 11 career catches. It was reported earlier this week that the Titans were primed to fine Thompson for showing up late to mandatory minicamp. He has also been dealing with knee issues.
- The Patriots cut tight end Logan Stokes, reports Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun (via Twitter). Stokes signed with the Pats last week as an undrafted free agent out of LSU.
- The Chiefs signed cornerback Kenneth Penny and waived both guard Melvin Meggs and cornerback De’Vante Bausby, per Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star (via Twitter).
- The Bills signed free agent tight end Matthew Mulligan and released defensive back Merrill Noel, according to the Buffalo News’ Vic Carucci (Twitter link). The 30-year-old Mulligan, who has 16 career receptions, played under current Bills coach Rex Ryan as a member of the Jets from 2009-11.
- The Falcons signed veteran wide receiver Carlton Mitchell and waived fellow wideout Shane Wynn, writes D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Mitchell, a sixth-round pick in 2010, last saw action in 2011, when he caught three passes for the Browns. Wynn signed with Atlanta last month as an undrafted free agent out of Indiana.
- The Lions waived Bill Bentley after minicamp practice on Thursday, according to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press (on Twitter). The cornerback was attempting to return from a torn ACL. Bentley played some nickel for Detroit over the last three years.
- The Packers released cornerback Travis Manning, according to Weston Hodkiewicz of the Press Gazette (on Twitter). Taking Manning’s place on the roster will be tight end Harold Spears, who was waived by the Saints earlier this week, according to Evan Woodbery of the Times-Picayune (on Twitter). Green Bay still has 89 players on the roster after today’s moves.
May 19th, 2015 at 8:06pm CST by Luke Adams
Here are Tuesday’s minor transactions from around the NFL, with any additional moves added to the top of the list throughout the day:
- The Colts have waived wide receiver Josh Lenz, who has spent a good chunk of the last two seasons on Indianapolis’ practice squad, the team announced today in a press release. Lenz had signed a reserve/futures contract with the Colts following the club’s elimination from the postseason back in January.
- The Steelers have claimed former Michigan quarterback Devin Gardner, according to Field Yates of ESPN.com (on Twitter). Gardner was previously attempting to hook on with the Pats as a wide receiver before his release on Monday. To make room, the Steelers waived wide receiver L’Damian Washington, according to Steelers PR man Burt Lauten (on Twitter).
- The Chargers waived tackle Bryce Quigley, a San Diego State product, to create roster room for Joe Barksdale, Michael Gehlken of U-T San Diego tweets.
- Another player who signed a reserve/futures deal with his team this past winter, running back Demitrius Bronson has been waived by the Seahawks with an injured designation, writes Curtis Crabtree of Pro Football Talk. Bronson, who was on Seattle’s taxi squad for most of the 2014 campaign, suffered a hamstring injury earlier in the offseason.
- The Buccaneers have signed UDFA Antoine Everett, according to Scott Smith of Buccaneers.com (on Twitter). To make room for the former McNeese St. guard, tight end Emmanuel Ogbuehi was waived with an injured designation.
- Wide receiver Malcome Kennedy cleared waivers and was placed on the Saints‘ IR, Evan Woodbery of The Times Picayune tweets.
- The Chiefs signed running back Keshawn Hill, guard Melvin Meggs, center Dan Munye, and tackle Kelvin Palmer, Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star tweets. To make room, KC cut fullback Manasseh Garner, tight end Earnest Pettway, and tackle Charles Sweeton.