It’s Saturday morning, and that means ESPN.com’s NFL writers are opening their mailbags to answer questions from readers. Let’s start with some whispers from the AFC…
- Adam Teicher doesn’t believe the Chiefs want to cut wideout Dwayne Bowe. Despite the wideout’s $14MM salary in 2015, the Chiefs would be thin at the position if they were to cut the veteran. Without Bowe, the team would only have De’Anthony Thomas and Albert Wilson as established receiving threats.
- Michael DiRocco isn’t a fan of trading the Jaguars first-round pick. The writer is seeking an elite pass-rusher with the selection, and he isn’t optimistic the team will be able to draft that kind of player if they move down the draft board.
- Looking at some skill positions on offense, DiRocco doesn’t think the Jaguars will prioritize the running game in either the draft or free agency. Reversely, DiRocco could envision the team signing and drafting a tight end.
- Rich Cimini is under the impression that Darrelle Revis will stay with the Patriots. If the cornerback were to become available, the writer favors the Jets as a destination over the Bills. While Revis has a great relationship with Rex Ryan, Cimini ultimately believes the All-Pro defensive back wants to play in a big market.
- The Ravens offseason focus on receivers will depend heavily on whether Torrey Smith returns to Baltimore. If the wideout (or organization) decides to move on, Jamison Hensley could see the team pursuing a wideout in either the draft, free agency, or trade. One name the writer suggests is Saints receiver Marques Colston.