The original content and analysis produced by the PFR staff during the past week:
- We’re more than two months removed from the first week of NFL free agency, but there are still quite a few productive free agents left on the board. I examined the remaining players available on the offensive side of the ball, a list that includes quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, wide receiver, Anquan Boldin, and running back Arian Foster.
- I also took a look at the best players remaining on defense, where safety Donte Whitner, cornerback Leon Hall, and defensive lineman Greg Hardy round out the top three.
- After being released by the Redskins last week, receiver Andre Roberts has already drawn interest from the Bills and several other unknown clubs. I tried to find a landing spot for the 28-year-pass catcher, tossing out the Broncos, Bengals, and Raiders among several potential destinations.
- Von Miller is the most high-profile linebacker currently negotiating a long-term deal with the Broncos, but Sam Robinson looked at another Denver linebacker — Brandon Marshall — who could be up for an extension in the near future. Using DeAndre Levy, Mychal Kendricks, former Bronco Danny Trevathan, and others as comparables, Sam posited a $7MM+ yearly salary for Marshall.
- Zach Links rounded up the best of the football blogs in the latest edition of Pigskin Links.