Listed below are the Sunday roster moves for the four NFC West teams. Following the 53-man roster cutdown deadline yesterday, many teams will make slight tweaks to their rosters, claiming players off waivers or signing guys who clear waivers. Those transactions are noted below.
Additionally, as of 11:00am CT today, teams can begin constructing their 10-man practice squads. For the 2014 and 2015 seasons, changes were made to practice squad rules that allow teams to carry eight players instead of 10, and the eligibility requirements for those extra two spots were also loosened. You can check out our glossary entry on practice squads to brush up on those changes, as well as all the other guidelines that govern the 10-man units, whose players practice with the team but aren’t eligible to suit up on Sundays.
Here are Sunday’s NFC West transactions, which will continue to be updated throughout the day:
- Claimed off waivers (officially announced): Thomas Keiser, LB
- Cut (officially announced): Walter Powell, WR
- Signed to practice squad (officially announced): Jonathan Brown, LB; Brittan Golden, WR; Andre Hardy, TE; Jimmy Legree, CB; Kelvin Palmer, T; Anthony Steen, C/G; Anthony Gaitor (via Jenna Laine on Twitter)
San Francisco 49ers:
- Signed to practice squad (officially announced): Carter Bykowski, OT; Asante Cleveland, TE; John Fullington, OT (via Eric Branch on Twitter); Lance Lewis, WR; Lawrence Okoye, DE; Mike Purcell, DT; Shayne Skov, LB; Chase Thomas, LB
- Signed to practice squad (officially announced): Jimmy Staten, DT (Staten on Twitter), RaShaun Allen, TE; Demitrius Bronson, RB; B.J. Daniels, QB; Nate Isles, OT; Chris Matthews, WR; Terrance Parks, S; Steven Terrell, S.
St. Louis Rams: