Listed below are the Sunday roster moves for the four AFC North teams. Following the 53-man roster cutdown deadline yesterday, many teams will make slight tweaks to their rosters, claiming players off waivers or signing guys who clear waivers. Those transactions are noted below.
Additionally, as of 11:00am CT today, teams can begin constructing their 10-man practice squads. For the 2014 and 2015 seasons, changes were made to practice squad rules that allow teams to carry eight players instead of 10, and the eligibility requirements for those extra two spots were also loosened. You can check out our glossary entry on practice squads to brush up on those changes, as well as all the other guidelines that govern the 10-man units, whose players practice with the team but aren’t eligible to suit up on Sundays.
Here are Sunday’s AFC North transactions, which will continue to be updated throughout the day:
- Signed to practice squad (officially announced): Tramain Jacobs, CB (via Aaron Wilson on Twitter); Ryan Jensen, OL (via Wilson on Twitter); Jamie Meder, DT (via Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter); Deji Olatoye, CB (via Zrebiec on Twitter); A.J. Pataiali’i, DT (via Wilson); John Simon, OLB (via Zrebiec on Twitter); Phillip Supernaw, TE (via Wilson on Twitter); Fitz Toussaint, RB (via Wilson on Twitter); Keith Wenning, QB (via Wilson)
- Signed to practice squad (officially announced): Dan France, T; Kevin Greene, TE; David King, DT; Colin Lockett, WR; Onterio McCalebb, CB; Sam Montgomery, DE; Trevor Robinson, G/C; Devon Still, DT; James Wilder, RB
- Claimed off waivers: LaRon Byrd, WR (via Aaron Wilson on Twitter); Caylin Hauptmann, G (via Tom Pelissero on Twitter); Ryan Seymour, T (via Ian Rapoport on Twitter); Glenn Winston, RB (via Matt Maiocco on Twitter)
- Cut: Rex Grossman, QB (via Pelissero on Twitter); Charles Johnson, WR (via Pelissero on Twitter)
- Signed to practice squad: Kiero Small, FB (via Wilson on Twitter); Connor Shaw, QB (via Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter)