It’s been a busy morning for the Giants as their rookie minicamp opens. The team announced today that it has signed four draft picks, including first-round cornerback Eli Apple, along with 14 undrafted free agents.
In addition to locking up Apple, the Giants have signed second-round wide receiver Sterling Shepard, fifth-round running back Paul Perkins, and sixth-round tight end Jerell Adams. Only the team’s third- and fourth-round picks – safety Darian Thompson and linebacker B.J. Goodson – remain unsigned.
Apple’s four-year rookie contract will feature a fifth-year option for 2020, and is worth $15.152MM in total, including a $9.22MM signing bonus. The other rookie deals are far more modest, including Shepard’s, which has a total value of $5.945MM, with a $2.523MM signing bonus.
Here’s the complete list of 14 undrafted free agents that have joined the Giants:
- QB Josh Woodrum (Liberty) ($20K guarantee, per Aaron Wilson)
- RB Marshaun Coprich (Illinois State)
- WR Roger Lewis (Bowling Green)
- WR K.J. Maye (Minnesota)
- WR Darius Powe (California)
- TE Cedrick Lang (UTEP)
- TE Ryan Malleck (Virginia Tech)
- DE Romeo Okwara (Notre Dame)
- DE Mike Rose (North Carolina State) ($12K guarantee, per Wilson)
- DT Melvin Lewis (Kentucky) ($10K guarantee, per Wilson)
- DT Greg Milhouse (Campbell)
- DB Andrew Adams (UConn)
- DB Donte Deayon (Boise State)
- DB Michael Hunter (Oklahoma State)