Here are Wednesday’s minor moves:
- Reverted to season-ending IR: OL Jalen Mayfield
- Claimed (from Buccaneers): WR Jaelon Darden
- Signed off Raiders’ practice squad: LB Reggie Ragland
- Placed on IR: WR Anthony Schwartz
- Signed off Rams’ practice squad: DL Elijah Garcia
- Designated for return: WR Quintez Cephus
- Claimed (from Chiefs): DT Taylor Stallworth
- Designated for return: S Grayland Arnold, LB Jonathan Greenard
- Waived: DT Michael Dwumfour
Los Angeles Rams
- Reverted to season-ending IR: G David Edwards
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Designated for return: LB K.J. Britt
Ellefson came off IR just last week and did not play in the Vikings’ matchup against the Jets. A nagging groin injury will send the third-year tight end back to IR. Although the new IR rules allow for players to be activated twice from IR, Minnesota’s injury-return math may come into play by the time Ellefson’s second activation window opens (Week 18).
In Darden, Browns snagged the NFL’s punt-return yards leader. The 2021 Bucs fourth-rounder has not seen much action on offense, with Tampa Bay oozing experience at the receiver position. But he has been Tampa Bay’s primary punt returner. Darden has totaled 330 punt-return yards this season. A 2021 third-round pick, Schwartz sustained a concussion that has sent him to IR. Ragland has spent the past month on the Raiders’ taxi squad. The Browns are the former second-round pick’s fifth team in four seasons; the ex-Jets draftee was with the Chiefs, Lions and Giants from 2019-21. After losing Anthony Walker and Jacob Phillips earlier this year, the Browns moved Sione Takitaki to IR with an ACL tear this week.
A rotational cog for the Saints, Colts and Chiefs during his five-year career, Stallworth played only 14% of Kansas City’s defensive snaps this season. He committed a third-down roughing-the-passer penalty during a Bengals touchdown drive in Week 13. The Texans had already used one of their injury activations on Dwumfour; the 1-10-1 team has three remaining. Greenard, who led the 2021 Texans with eight sacks, has been on the shelf since going down with a calf injury in an October practice.