Washington’s quarterback of the future signed his rookie deal on Thursday. Dwayne Haskins inked his four-year contract, with the 2023 option, the Redskins announced.
Six other Redskins draftees joined Haskins in signing shortly before the team begins its rookie minicamp. Running back Bryce Love, guard Wes Martin, center Ross Pierschbacher, linebacker Cole Holcomb, wide receiver Kelvin Harmon and cornerback Jimmy Moreland signed their four-year rookie pacts.
The second Redskins first-round quarterback pick this decade and fourth this century — following Patrick Ramsey, Jason Campbell, and Robert Griffin III — Haskins comes to Washington on the heels of throwing 50 touchdown passes as a sophomore. He joins a new-look Redskins quarterback room, featuring Case Keenum, and will likely see extensive action as a rookie.
- 1-15: Dwayne Haskins, QB (Ohio State)
- 1-26: Montez Sweat, DE (Mississippi State)
- 3-76: Terry McLaurin, WR (Ohio State)
- 4-112: Bryce Love, RB (Stanford)
- 4-131: Wes Martin, G (Indiana)
- 5-153: Ross Pierschbacher, C (Alabama)
- 5-173: Cole Holcomb, LB (North Carolina)
- 6-206: Kelvin Harmon, WR (North Carolina State)
- 7-227: Jimmy Moreland, CB (James Madison)
- 7-253: Jordan Brailford, DE (Oklahoma State): Signed
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.