Today’s minor moves around the NFL:
- Placed on IR: DL Bryce Rodgers
- Released via injury settlement: WR John Hurst
Kansas City Chiefs
- Activated from PUP list: CB Rashad Fenton
New Orleans Saints
- Activated from PUP list: DE Marcus Davenport (story)
- Signed: DE T.J. Carter
- Placed on IR: LB D’Marco Jackson and CB Dylan Mabin
New York Jets
- Signed: OL Chris Glaser
- Released: DE Hamilcar Rashed and OL Parker Ferguson
- Placed on IR: DE T.D. Moultry
- Signed: S Elijah Benton and S Adrian Colbert
- Waived: CB Kenneth George
- Waived (injury designation): S Michael Griffin
- Signed: WR Matt Cole
Perry’s interesting post-draft NFL journey continues. Initially slated to join the Eagles as a UDFA, he ended up signing with the Jaguars days later. Then, in July, he was waived (with an injury designation) to make room for Sloter’s addition. Perry has obviously recovered, as the two have now swapped placed once more.
Fenton was one of four Chiefs placed on the PUP list at the start of training camp. That came as little surprise at the time, but his return to practice will be a welcomed sight in Kansas City’s secondary. NFL Network’s James Palmer tweets that Fenton’s preseason availability remains a question mark, but that he is still expected to be fully recovered in time for the regular season.
Jackson was a fifth-round pick in this year’s draft at a position which has been in flux throughout the offseason in New Orleans. The 24-year-old had a highly productive final season in particular at Appalachian State, posting 119 tackles, 20 TFLs and six sacks. He will now have to wait until 2023 to carve out a depth role in the middle of the Saints’ defense.