We’ll round up Monday’s minor transactions from around the NFL below, with the latest moves added throughout the day to the top of the list:
- The Bears announced (via Twitter) that they have also signed KR/WR Darius Reynaud and have released LS Chad Rempel and P Tress Way. As Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune tweets, the release of Way means that sixth-round pick Pat O’Donnell has won the team’s punting competition.
- Cornerback Peyton Thompson, who was cut by the Redskins earlier this month, has agreed to sign with the Bears, according to his agent, Doug Hendrickson (via Twitter). Chicago will have to make a move to clear room on the roster for Thompson.
- The Vikings have claimed former Lions linebacker Justin Jackson off waivers, a source tells Field Yates of ESPN.com (Twitter link). According to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun (via Twitter), Minnesota waived-injured linebacker Dom DeCicco in a corresponding roster move.
- In a series of three tweets, Wilson passes along a list of players who have been removed from their teams’ injured reserve lists: Korey Lindsey (Cowboys), David Snow (Steelers), and Steve Hull (Saints). Per Wilson (via Twitter), the Saints also terminated Richard Quinn‘s contract from their reserve-retired list. Lindsey and Snow both received settlements, while Hull and Quinn are ending their careers.
- Having officially moved tackle Sam Baker to injured reserve, the Falcons have brought aboard another veteran lineman, announcing today (via Twitter) that they’ve signed Pat McQuistan, who has played for five NFL teams and has 11 career starts.
- After recently being cut by the Redskins, defensive lineman Doug Worthington has signed with the Chargers, who announced today that defensive end Damik Scafe will be waived-injured to make room (Twitter link).
- The Steelers completed a series of roster moves today, signing offensive tackle Graham Pocic and cornerback Dayonne Nunley. The team also cut wideout James Shaw and waived-injured guard Bryant Browning. The team’s PR man, Burt Lauten, has the details via Twitter.
- Running back Cameron Marshall has been waived by the Dolphins to clear a roster spot for the team to sign defensive end Rakim Cox, the team announced today (via Twitter).