- CB Dee Milliner (story)
- TE Jace Amaro (Twitter link via Kimberley Martin of Newsday)
- DT Tarow Barney (Twitter link via Slater)
- RB Antone Smith (Twitter link via Ralph Vacchiano of SNY)
- DE Claude Pelon (Twitter link via agent David Canter and DEC Management)
- S Doug Middleton
- LB Freddie Bishop (Twitter link via Vacchiano)
- OLB Trevor Reilly (waived-injured) (Twitter link via Slater)
- CB Darryl Morris (Twitter link via Slater)
- OL Mike Liedtke (Twitter link via agent Brett Tesler)
- TE Zach Sudfeld (Twitter link via Connor Hughes of the Star-Ledger)
- OL Craig Watts (Twitter link via Brian Costello of the New York Post)
- ILB Taiwan Jones (Twitter link via Slater)
- WR/KR Jeremy Ross (Twitter link via Costello)
- WR Kenbrell Thompkins (Twitter link via Kimberly A. Martin of Newsday)
- FB Tommy Bohanon (Twitter link via Costell0)
- TE Wes Saxton (Twitter link via Slater)
- WR Chandler Worthy
- CB Bryson Keeton
- CB Kevin Short
Reilly, a seventh-round pick in 2014, played in 29 games for the Jets over the past two seasons. He finished the 2015 campaign with 16 tackles, one sack, and one forced fumble. As Slater notes on Twitter, the linebacker was waived with an injury designation. The 28-year-old could land on the injured reserve, but the reporter doesn’t believe the injury to be that serious.
There was a chance that Morris could carve out a role among the Jets’ defensive backs. However, the three-year veteran couldn’t do enough to beat out Dexter McDougle or Kevin Short. Meanwhile, there was some optimism that former CFL linebacker Freddie Bishop could establish himself, but the team’s linebacker depth proved to be too much to overcome.
On the offensive side of the ball, Sudfeld’s tenure in New York appears to be over. The 27-year-old collected only ten catches for 148 yards over the past two seasons.
In related news, the Jets may be making an addition to the roster before the weekend is through. Former San Francisco guard Ian Silberman worked out for the Jets on Friday, as Adam Caplan of ESPN.com tweets.
(Sheldon Richardson does not currently count against the 53-man roster due to his season-opening suspension)
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.