Today’s minor moves:
- The Browns announced that they have waived defensive back A.J. Stamps. The move makes room for the return of wide receiver Josh Gordon to Cleveland’s 90-man roster. On Monday, the NFL announced that Gordon has been conditionally reinstated by the NFL and will be eligible to return in Week 5, provided that he stays on the straight and narrow between now and then.
- Cowboys offensive lineman Charles Brown has retired, reports David Moore of the Dallas Morning News (Twitter link). A former second-round pick, Brown never lived up to his draft status, but did start 14 games for the Saints as recently as 2013. Dallas waived him today, along with fellow tackle David Hedelin, in order to make for offensive lineman Darryl Baldwin and Cameron Bradfield.
- The Titans have signed offensive lineman William Campbell, the club announced. Campbell was part of the same workout that veteran wide receiver Andre Johnson took part in today, according to Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com.
- Center Garrett Gilkey has been waived by the Buccaneers with a failed physical designation, tweets Roy Cummings of FanRag Sports. Gilkey appeared in all 16 games for Tampa Bay in 2014, starting one contest. To fill his roster spot, the Bucs have signed offensive lineman Joel Hale.
- The Colts have signed running back Abou Toure, waived cornerback Daniel Davie, and placed running back Tyler Varga on the reserve/retired list, the club announced today.
- The Broncos announced the signing of rookie linebacker Darnell Sankey. To make room, Denver has waived long snapper Nathan Theus.
- The Bengals announced that they have released rookie defensive end Dezmond Johnson and rookie running back DyShawn Mobley, Coley Harvey of ESPN.com tweets.
- Tight end Chase Coffman will be signing with the Colts, Rand Getlin of NFL.com tweets. Coffman was most recently with Seattle.