August 14th, 2016 at 5:50pm CST by Rory Parks
Here are today’s minor moves:
- The Dolphins have signed defensive end Cedric Reed, tweets Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. The former Texas product spent last season on the Bills’ practice squad.
- The Eagles have released offensive lineman Malcolm Bunche and wideout Deon Long, reports Zach Berman of The Philadelphia Inquirer (via Twitter). Bunche, a 2015 undrafted free agent, spent last season on Philly’s practice squad. Long, meanwhile, was added by the Eagles in early August after having been cut by the Rams.
- The Steelers announced that they’ve placed special teams ace Ross Ventrone on injured reserve after he was injured in the club’s first preseason game. Pittsburgh also waived/injured offensive tackle Brian Mihalik and defensive tackle Roy Philon. To take those roster spots, the Steelers signed offensive tackle Wade Hansen, defensive tackle Khaynin Mosley-Smith, and cornerback Julian Whigham.
- The Falcons‘ roster is back to 90 players after the team signed defensive back Ryan White, the club announced today.
- The Jets have signed DL Jake Ceresna and RB Terry Williams, per Seth Walder of The New York Daily News (via Twitter). Walder adds that DL Christo Bilukidi left camp, and the team waived Anthony Kelly.
- The Browns have signed WR Ed Eagan and have waived/injured Rannell Hall. The team also reached an injury settlement with DL Kyle Rose (Twitter link via Nate Ulrich of The Akron Beacon Journal).
- The Cardinals have released LB Zack Wagenmann with an injury settlement and have signed DT Iosia Iosia, Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com tweets. Wagenmann, whom Arizona signed as a UDFA out of Montana last season, missed his entire rookie campaign after breaking his foot twice. He set Montana’s career sacks (37.5) and tackles for loss (53) records. The Titans signed Iosia as a UDFA this season, but he was waived in May.
August 8th, 2016 at 6:36pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s minor moves:
- The Lions waived wide receiver Damian Copeland and signed fellow wide receiver Alex Chisum, as Justin Rogers of The Detroit News tweets.
- The Saints have signed long snapper Chris Highland, according to a source who spoke with Nick Underhill of The Advocate (on Twitter).
- The Broncos have waived defensive end Kenny Anunike as he continues to be dogged by knee troubles, Jeff Legwold of ESPN.com tweets. In a related move, the Broncos have signed safety Ryan Murphy. Murphy spent last season on the Broncos’ practice squad and was famously sent home from the Super Bowl. Cameron Wolfe of The Denver Post (on Twitter) hears that Anunike passed his physical before being waived.
- The Buccaneers signed offensive lineman Kelvin Palmer, as Roy Cummings of The Tampa Tribune tweets.
- The Jets announced that they have signed wide receiver Anthony Kelly and defensive lineman Christo Bilukidi, waived/injured defensive lineman Julien Obioha, and placed wide receiver Chris King on the reserve/did not report list.
- The Browns signed defensive lineman Chigbo Anunoby and waived fellow defensive lineman Kyle Rose, as Mary Kay Cabot of The Plain Dealer (on Twitter).
- The Steelers removed Quinton Schooley from their injured reserve with an injury settlement, as Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle tweets.
- The Chargers announced that they have signed wide receiver Rico Richardson and defensive tackle Zamir Carlis. To make room, they waived offensive lineman Mike McQueen and punter Kasey Redfern. With Redfern out of the way, it appears that Drew Kaser has won the team’s punting competition.
- The Redskins waived linebacker Steven Daniels with an injury designation, as John Keim of ESPN.com tweets.
May 5th, 2016 at 12:51pm CST by Luke Adams
No NFL team had a larger 2016 draft class than the Browns, who selected 14 players in seven rounds last weekend. Now, Cleveland has added 11 more rookies, announcing today in a press release that they’ve agreed to terms with 11 undrafted free agents. Here’s the full list of new additions for the Browns, which includes four defensive backs: